Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Scott is long-time roleplayer and played the fan character of J.D. Barnes in Myst Online: Uru Live. He has been published in Pyramid Magazine and has done freelance layout for Savage Mojo Games. He is a professional designer of constructed languages and member of the Language Creation Society.

Hey there, I'm finally getting to adding to my little blurb here. I am, like all of our team, long-time fans of the Myst franchise. I'm also a long-time role-player, so it seemed natural to combine the two.

In many ways, Unwritten is my love note to the community and universe I love. I can't do arts or crafts like a lot of people, and I don't have the focus to learn Age building in Myst Online or its offshoots. But games, games I can do.

Much of the story in the Myst universe has been passive. We've been told the stories (great stories) but even as players in the game, we've been in a passive role. Myst Online came with the idea that there were place in the D'niverse for the players to participate. But a lot of the fans didn't really know how to do that.

On the other hand, there was this game, Fate, that was flexible and narrative. It's this incredibly flexible story tool kit. It has a strong fan base people who love making new and interesting adventures. And when I mentioned Myst to people in the gaming community, people would always say "Myst? Oh yeah, I liked that game!" So I felt like there was an untapped audience for Myst among gamers.

So, I came up with Unwritten. And luckily I had a lot of very creative people around to help me. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile