Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Post subject: KS Stretch goal ideas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 am 

I have a few ideas that might work for stretch goals, and no doubt there are others who also have ideas. They are strictly suggestions, take them or leave them, and there won't be any hard feelings on my part! And of course others are welcome to make suggestions here too.

So, here goes:
1. Unwritten Themed character creation/game creation sheets- maybe these are already in the works as part of the package, but if there are new rules being added (like the Discovery currency, for example), or to handle some if the unique physics of the Art, which could in turn affect aspects or stunts or create a whole new category that needs tracking somewhere, it might prove handy to have this resource available. I'd say they would have to be an add-on, but how cool to have a pad of them printed on some faux-aged yellowy parchment paper for $10 or whatever is a fitting value!

2. Unwritten Fate tokens: a bit more ambitious, probably fits in the same category as the D'ni dice, but depending on what they might cost to produce (which I have no idea what it might be haha) they would be another STINKIN COOL thing to pull out at a game session!

3. A free puppy. KIDDING.

those are what came to mind for right now... if something else strikes me I will be sure to suggest it!

Regardless of what might become eventual stretch goals (or if you even decide not to set more!) this is turning into a very exciting project!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 am 

How about a real stretch expand Uru to embed the Unwritten RPG game ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:40 pm 

J'Kla wrote:
How about a real stretch expand Uru to embed the Unwritten RPG game ;)

If the Kickstarter hits a few million, I bet Cyan could be talked into it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 pm 

We don't need Cyan while we have Drizzle, Deep island, Ghen and Minkata shards available, expansions written with the Studio 3D Max extensions provided by Cyan built into Minkata Shard are MOULa ready.

The Minkata shard is where the community test bug fixes some of which have allready been imported into and implemented in MOULa by Cyan.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 pm 

Unwritten is a little awkward to fit into a computer game, since the FateCore system isn't focused on numbers, but is a far more subjective and qualitative game.

However, if the good people at OpenUru and Guild of Writers want to build in a few tools into their projects (such as a Fate Dice roller), I would not complain ;)

As for all of the other suggestions, keep them coming. We can't make promises, but we appreciate all of the ideas.

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 am 

Since those supremely cool notebooks are practically unlocked, maybe we need something with which to write in them? A simple but elegant quill and inkwell, or a fountain pen (though those are expensive by nature) would do, or even a gel or ballpoint cleverly disguised! I've been doing some hunting on the interwebs but nothing so far... will keep searching! Even a very awesome pencil (like one that is disguised as a twig) might suit!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 am 

BladeLakem wrote:
Unwritten is a little awkward to fit into a computer game, since the FateCore system isn't focused on numbers, but is a far more subjective and qualitative game.

Classic missunderstanding, one of the failings in writing stuff to embed into Uru is it's lack of numbers there actually appears (from first reading) to be more numbers in FateCore. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 pm 

My ideas are more in the digital realm of items to keep down shipping cost and customs. Stuff adds up and I like content more than 'stuff'.

1: A quickstart adventure: Mentioned elsewhere I think this is almost a must for the kickstarter. Including Pre-made characters and a puzzle or 2 to show off how to handle puzzles.
2: A set of approaches for a FAE Unwritten game and how to play the accelerated game.
3: A guide on how to make interesting puzzles. I imagine running a Unwritten game in the style of a puzzle-hunt with added drama and adventure.
4: As mentioned before; Unwritten-style charactersheets.

Hope I got some creative juices flowing ;)

Greetings.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:46 pm 

Well, number 3 will be addressed somewhat in the main book, and there will be a digital version of an Unwritten character sheet. :mrgreen:

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm pumped for the book to reach my inbox. ;)

Keep it up!

Offline Profile