Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 pm 

Hooray! Remember what I said about not over-extending.. this is a fair bit of money for your product now. Turns out there's a lot of patient Mysties and Uruites and D'niists and such waiting (I'm one!) and eager to get on this. Plus, it's not done by some newcomer to the community. We're all gonna be watching. But at the same time, we know you'll do us good.

The best way to handle the international shipping would probably involve if you could find out the balance overall of pledge amounts and locations, BEFORE the kickstarter ended. If you found that say 70% of people are at the Book and below level, and of the rest only say 20% were international, you could quite readily discount shipping since it's a tiny bit. But if it's say 70% over the 25 and thus getting copies and tokens and books and such, and a good half of them are international (it IS likely) then it's a bit harder when you're looking at discounting a good third of the people. I don't know if they can give those figures before the pledges are counted though.

Either way, I guess I'm gonna be waiting for things to be changed, if possible, then bump up to $50. I'm fine without a copy of the book (It's nice, however, and would probably cost about as much to print it out at some place that does it, so it's a good bonus) but it's a bit more money in to the project that isn't going right to shipping. Or something. If that makes sense.

I'm wondering how the thing will end.. I mean, a lot of kickstarters have people waiting at the wings to swoop in at the last minute, a lot have people who don't find out until the "Only 5 days left!" news bumps and such, and a lot of people won't fund until they're sure it's good to go. A lot also won't if they find it's good to go... so we'll probably see a slowdown, then a sudden explosion at the end. Or not such an explosion. Or.. it could snowball, and you suddenly have to figure out how the heck you're going to handle $100k in pledges, many of whom are just getting PDF copies and thus no extra overhead. :shock: :o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 am 

What I guarantee is that there will be an influx of people raising their pledge for 2 reasons.

1)International users will up their pledge so they can get the book without having to pay that huge level of shipping. So a bunch of them will go from ink/book/pen level to guildsman and above.

2)Those who already were willing to fork over an extra 25$ for shipping are now free to put that money into getting the next level up.

In the long run this change means that a lot of pledges are going to be updated. I don't think it will be a snowball effect, but instead a slow, almost 'dull' rise after the 20k point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:39 pm 

We have posted the details of what to do. For international shipping:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/174 ... sts/627966

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile