Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

Post subject: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 pm 

Hi I am not sure if I will be able to contribute I have been a regular visitor to the cavern since the UbiSoft admin error and a I still have my original copy of Myst with it's clue envelope unopened.

I have long been a member of "The Meeting Place" hood.

I was involved in the first fan addition to Until Uru where we were beta testing an add-on that used the python update tool. This was put on the back burner when Game Trap became involved.

This project was a chapter by chapter released story where you solved puzzles in the text to release the next chapter the beta test ran to 6 chapters and while I was waiting for things to come around to Fan contributions it was expanded to 20 chapters circa 98,000 words. [edit]word count now up to 108.6k and 21 chapters[/edit]

I have a few of my own ages available through Drizzle namely Enobmort, Cidorep. Noidrocca.

I have also been developing a Dice system that allows you to access D'ni numbers between 1 and 24 using two die one six sided and one eight sided which I have modelled and built using 3D printing.

Click on the image should link to the animated version.

I am really glad to see this extension to the D'ni universe as it will only add to times when we have surface meetings.

Last edited by J'Kla on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:11 pm 

I have been involved with the Myst franchise since the beginning. I have all of the Myst games including the original discs of Myst & Real Myst.

I also have been involved with the creation the Drizzle additions to URU. My contributions have involved the creation of flute music, sound effects and puzzles. Currently I have an age in development called Blue Garden.

MOULa 9303924 TOC MOUL 273767 UAM 22832 Deep Island 208762

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 am 

I'm just this guy, you know? ;)
More seriously, I'm the same Gondar who was around since the UU days, although I'm more lapsed thanks to few people in the cavern, not as much reason to return, and losing hope of new things to come. I know there's user ages etc, but.. I dunno.

However, thankfully I AM still a subscriber to the lyst, hence I saw the announcement here and quickly dropped a pledge. Or is it a donation when it's already fait accompli?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 pm 

Hello there. I'm Zander, sometimes Zander the Heretic. I always get a bit of a shock when I read that Myst only came out in 1993, because I feel the D'niverse has been with me my whole life. I had to wait for each game, though, till I could afford a computer that was powerful enough to run it. Now I have a computer that can't run Myst or Riven without making it less powerful... :)

I missed the original Uru Live (didn't everyone?) but I was there for Until Uru and Gametap Uru, and I visit MOULa in various guises. I've got into trouble on various fora for advancing my heretical views, such as that there's nothing wrong with the idea that the Writer creates the Age, that Gehn wasn't mad, and that the phoney "bahro war" was a propaganda exercise. Now, thanks to Unwritten, I can embody those heresies in game format and bring them to life! Nya ha ha ha ha ha!!!

(Was that all right?)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 pm 

Of course it's all right Zander a lot of the Myst/Uru zelots have moved on anyways

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 am 

Hello I'm Snakedoctor, My whole life has been filled with the D'ni culture as I am just as old as Myst. My childhood was spend exploring the ages with my friend as we kept journals and sketch clues to help us sole every puzzle. Sadly I never got to enjoy Uru in its prime or join a Myst forum, But now with Unwritten and Obduction I have that chance to be a part of the community and talk to other fans. It's been such a surreal felling being able to talk to so many fans on both Kickstarters and to share my experiences with the games and lore. I look forward joining this forum as an active member. :)
Snake

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:52 am 

Hello. I remember a long time ago (at least 1993 feels like a long ago) , when the very first Myst game came out, and I was really excited about it. Since then I got the CD version of Riven (which came in cool separate sleeves), the Myst strategy guide (I don't usually like strategy guides, but I liked how the walk-through had a neat storytelling form to it, and an interesting article on quantum physics as it related to the worlds of the Myst Universe), the first two of the novelizations, and I even took part during the short attempt to revive Myst Online (Oh, actually it looks like it's back again!).

I'm looking foreward to playing this new role playing game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:50 pm 

Shorah b'shemtee. I'm Pavitra.

I played Myst and Riven with my family as a kid, and discovered Uru when the MOULagain era opened. I'm currently engaged with Seltani.

I've played a little D&D, but I'm a newcomer to FATE.

Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 am 

Hello, though my log-in name is Heru, and my yahoo list name is Arcturus, I am just Carl. hehe

And I have been a fan of Myst since it came out - I was a little kid and I remember playing it with my dad (well he played I watched and told him what to do!). I have been immersed in the universe of Myst since then, and I have never actually gotten out of it.

I love books and I have an imagination that puts a lot of the people around me to shame so the idea of their being a society that not only revered books and knowledge but used to them create fantastic worlds and then go to them, it was a dream come true. Since my discovery of Myst I have played, watched, and read every Myst Universe game out there - and I remember the feeling I got signing onto the Uru and seeing the D'ni cavern directly in To D'ni expansion, it was glorious.

I have for many years tried to establish roleplaying games with my friends set in one Myst variant or another, mostly to failure, though I have never never gave up trying.

When I discovered the existence of a kickstarter about the Myst game, well I immediately jumped into it - in fact I am actually one of those people who managed to get into the second round of being able to contribute an age to the Unwritten publication (please don't send pitchforks my way, hehe).

A final note is that the first time I had ever heard about mods in the game Minecraft I had thought that there needed to be a mod where I could create variant worlds and link through them - and then I discovered a mod called Mystcraft which totally did that. So even my gaming in Minecraft has become effected by the greatness of Cyan and their creations (and I can also say I am happy to be a tiny part of the whole that has made Obduction possible).

So yeah, that is it for now, and I look forward to the eventual endless debate and discussion that will come about as more of what will no doubt be a fantastic game gets released to us!

PS. I am a long time roleplayer as well, and I have some basic connection with Fudge and then later Fate and its variant. Though I don't own the fourth edition of Fate, which in all honestly I didn't even realize existed up till now, the previous editions - including that which is presented in the Starblazer Adventurers - is something that I think works perfectly for what Myst is an Unwritten is going to try and be.

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. It is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we becomes victims of the darkness."-Justice William O. Douglas

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 am 

I'm not a MineCraft player. My son is, however, and has shown me MystCraft. The person who made it is very good, both as a programmer and a Myst fan. For example, the pages in the later versions of MystCraft have Narayani symbols as seen in Myst III: Exile (in fact, if you can decode them and they sorta make sense). :D

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile