Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:19 pm 

Hello! I am Pandy!
I love playing Myst and Riven, but I haven't beaten either of them yet. :oops: I play them, get distracted, forget what I was doing, and then restart them some time later. I feel like I'm a bit dense, I always need the clues to help me out. I do have both games on my iPad though, so I am hoping I will finish them some day! I do love console Minecraft though, so I'm going to have to find a way to check out MystCraft. I would love to play Myst Online, but I don't know if my old PC can handle it, and my Mac is all full up of Adobe stuffs for work. I'm gonna need to build me a new computer at some point soon. D:

I did love the Myst books though, although I've never read past the first one. (Eventually I'll read through my copy of the Myst Reader though, right?) I never got the chance to play through the other games too. I'm kind of lame here, so lame. :/

However, I do like fantasy stories, and the Myst stories have always sparked my imagination. I've been a tabletop gamer for a few years now, and I really like trying out new systems and telling different stories. So I'm really hoping Unwritten will bring my group some fun new stories to play though! :D I am also terrible with emotes, I spam them everywhere. I don't know how much I'll be posting here, but when I do, please don't mind my complete unfamiliarity with things beyond a basic point. >_>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 pm 

Don't feel bad about not finishing the games. Rand Miller hasn't finished Myst IV :lol:

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 am 

Hi all,

I'm Gareth. I have played all the Myst games but until recently never really looked into the wider lore. I usually spend most of my effort on the three ongoing roleplaying campaigns I run and the 6 I play in :P Then the Kickstarter for this came up, and a glorious symbiosis occurred!

I managed to get one of the writer levels, and I'm hard at work boning up on my Myst canon so that my contribution is a meaningful addition to both the game and the overall worldframe. I like to think I have a decent amount of experience in creating settings that engage people, but I will very much look forward to help and feedback from this community.

I guess my main idea is that unlike the computer games, which were beautiful puzzles in a physical or mental sense, a roleplaying game allows you to introduce moral and social puzzles of a much more subtle and complex nature.

Anyway, that's me. Good to be here :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 pm 

Hello, everyone!

My name is Robert. I'm an illustrator. My day job, my webcomic, clients, and other things keep me very busy, but when I have time, I like to (ordered by priority) draw, read, and play video games.

I think of myself as a huge Myst fan, though my knowledge of the D'niverse could be much deeper. When I was little, I remember seeing Riven and Exile at my cousins' house, but the first time I played the MYST franchise for myself was in 2007. I fell in love. I remember finding out that there were MYST books and I was like, "THERE ARE BOOKS?" Of course, I enjoyed reading them immensely. I recently re-played all of the games, except URU. I started End of Ages around the time the Unwritten Kickstarter campaign began and finished it about when Obduction Kickstarted. I'd say It's a good time to be a MYST fan. AM I RIGHT?

I've never been a table-top gamer (unless you count occasionally playing a Pokemon, Neopets, and Magic card game or two), mainly because I never had any gaming friends. But Unwritten will more than likely change that.

Never have I played any incarnation of URU online, but I'd love to someday. Though I doubt I'd have very much time to visit. :<

Furthermore, I have not been too involved in the MYST community online, expect for being a part of the MYST Fan Club on deviantArt. I want to change that. And I plan on finally attending the Mysterium convention next year, which I am super excited for. I'd be cool to play some games of Unwritten there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm 

Hello there, I'm Aitrus (though of course not the Aitrus). I've been a fan of Myst since it was the main reason to buy a CD drive. I didn't really play any of the others until Uru came out, but I was hooked on the books. I maintain that the Book of Atrus is one of the best 'property' novels written. I got so into Uru that I picked up all the previous games and played them straight through in a year.
I don't know if I'll run or even play any games with the new system, but I hope to, and I can't wait to see what the community comes up with!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:11 am 

Hi. I am MysticHermit.

I've known one of the creators (BladeLakem i think) since before this game was even a concept on a restaraunt napkin. :p I've played pretty much all the Myst games, and read some of the novels. From what I've read about Unwritten so far it looks good. Would be interesting to see what kind of art they get to put in the books and any suppliments they might come up with. I haven't had much luck with tabletop game groups, but i look forward to at least seeing what you all think about my friend's project and all the wonderful ideas your imaginations may add to fill it with as much life and detail as we can. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:41 am 

@MysticHermit - Yup, it's me that you know. ;)

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 pm 

Hey guys!

I'm Veovisjohn, but you can also just call me John. Many years ago I tried signing into the Cyan chat room as just "Veovis" but another guy got really upset I was using his name, so without much thought I came up with Veovisjohn. This has happened to all of us, am I right?!?!? ;) Hehe, JK.

Myst is hands down my favorite game of all time and I've been obsessed with it ever since I got it for Christmas in the early '90s as a kid. I'm also a huge fan of the novels, which greatly enhance the lore of the games, especially Riven since Book Of Atrus practically reads as a prequel story to that game (and Myst as well).

Sadly, I don't have much experience with Uru or the communities that have built up around that game. So please forgive my ignorance on such matters. But I very much look forward to giving a RPG version of the Myst Universe a try.

Nice to meet you all!

Offline Profile