Login | Register

All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

Post subject: Development update
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 pm 

So, I meant to do more of these devblog posts, but I have been living in interesting times lately (the faux Chinese proverb definition). Now I finally have a chance to share a bit more with you.

First, I'd like to get some business done. The Beta Access period will begin on December 1st. We may fire up the exclusive access forums before then, but that's the day that we will make our working drafts available. You'll have access to the texts and the opportunity to playtest and comment. I am hoping that the Beta Access will be a highly interactive process. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say (good or bad).

Next, let me talk about the writing process. I've been listening to my alpha testers as well as mining ideas from the very active and creative Fate communities (I suggest you get on the FateCore G+ community if you really want to get into hacking the system). Unwritten's rules have gone through several iterations over the last year or so. Some of those have been wildly different than what you'll see in December. As an example, my other devblog post talked about the Discovery Economy. Well, as the comments on there indicated, there were issues with it. It didn't hold up in alpha. So, that mechanic was dropped.

And thus has been the process. Over the period of the Kickstarter, I've been doing rewriting as comments came in and as more was revealed. Bright idea meets harsh reality, and we see who comes out on top. The Beta Access period will be much of the same.

Finally, I want to talk about some of the things you will see in Unwritten. The book is a collage, in many ways, made of Cyan's compelling world, FateCore rules and our own spin on each. You'll see extracts directly from the FateCore and even the Fate Toolkit mixed into the book. You'll see the D'niverse described from a modern explorer's view point, full of guesses, hearsay and unproven theories. And you'll see a lot of 'What If' comments, which you as players and GMs can use as inspiration.

We are looking forward to bringing all of this to you over the next few months!

Unwritten RPG G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

Offline Profile